Mittwoch, 18. April 2007

volunteering

When Rebecca first mentioned the volunteer project we were about to focus on in the next few weeks, it did not seem nothing particularly new to me. However, it has turned out to broaden my horizons on this particular topic although I was not physically present on the fair itself.
Firstly, I have gained a bunch of new information considering types and names of the organizations. Although I had done some quite intensive research on this topic in my home country a few years ago, I had missed some vital aspects – such as working in order to give aid somebody. As far as I remember, there was much more stress put upon the fact that you gain new experiences and learn a foreign language (in most cases this means English) than to draw the volunteer's attention to the simple humane characteristic – will to help.
Secondly, on account of working in a group I have managed to discover others' opinions and experience about that. I believe that majority has a positive view on volunteering and would join a group of volunteers one day. Nonetheless, one should still remain realistic about that – saying is not the same as doing.
All in all, volunteering might be a rich life experience for a young person, that is why it is certainly worth trying it out.

Keine Kommentare: